Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Skin to Skin for the First Time!


Jennifer was able to hold Jillian for the first time for about an hour in the NICU. I sat next to them while Jennifer had her feet up on my lap. It was a special time. I read to them both for about 20 minutes but exhaustion overtook me and I fell asleep for a nice little nap. Jillian was completely peaceful the entire time laying with her Mommy - yeah for Kangaroo Care!
Jennifer's blood pressure is still elevated and it is beginning to make her a little uneasy. I have been praying Philippians 4:6 over her. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."
Please join with me in faith for peaceful rest for Jennifer. Jennifer may also need a "blood block" due to an issue which may be related to the epidural. This is all speculative at this time.
I'm going to focus on getting some rest tonight. So my next post will most likely be later tomorrow afternoon or evening.
God bless you all!
James

4 comments:

  1. Good morning,
    Jennifer, you and Jillian look beautiful. I remember when Michael and Matthew were born. Matthew experienced some weight gain issues and we kangaroo packed. Oh, we praise God with you and stand with you for total, complete restoration. How very beautiful you both look. My mommy heart is rejoicing with you.

    James, you make sure you are getting the sleep, and nutrition you need.

    Have a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful picture!!
    we will continue to pray...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer, she is so beautiful. What a blessing to see you holding her. I am so overwhelmed with gratitude to our Lord for who He is and what He is doing for our family. May God Bless You All and give you Peace throughout this healing process. You are constantly in my prayers. I love you! Nani

    ReplyDelete