Sunday, January 11, 2009

Jillian - Sunday (Jan 11th) Evening Update

Hey there!

Jillian is still trucking along wonderfully. I just left her for my fifth visit of the day. She is urinating regularly and has had at least two bowel movements. The major concern now is her biliruben count. She has risen from about 4.3 to 7.8 mg/dL. She is under two BilliLamps and laying on top of a BilliBlanket. They will check her blood work again at midnight and then again tomorrow morning for a full workup. She has 1 mL of donated breast milk every three hours. Perhaps it is some that someone on GCM donated. :)

Jennifer is still on magnesium until tomorrow morning. Her platelets are above 100K and climbing, her liver enzymes are back down to acceptable levels, and her BPs have gotten back down for the most part. Her feet are very swollen so we did some foot massaging after given them a little bath and coating them with lotion. She hasn't really been in much pain, but she's not able to move around much.

Jennifer did get out of bed today and after having a good couple of BP measurements was able to get in a wheel chair and head to the NICU to see baby Jillian for the first time since delivery!!! Whoo hoo!! Mommy talked to Jillian and get an update of her progress. She was feeling a little light headed so headed back to the room to lay down and rest.

Jennifer took a Vicadin and it made her uncomfortably groggy. While I was visiting Jillian, Jennifer had a panic attack and the nurse came in to pray with her, give her some Christian CDs to listen to, then suggested that she pump to do something proactive to connect with Jillian. Jennifer got some colostrum which was taken to the NICU ready for use! Way to go Jennifer - she's just too awesome! Please pray that she recovers quickly so she can get to spend more time with Jillian. Also pray that she has peace about Jillian's health and safety while she is separated from her precious baby.

You are all more than precious to us!

God bless and keep you all!

James

1 comment:

  1. Good morning sweet Jennifer and Jillian,
    Wow, Wow, Wow!!! Praises to our King Jesus. It is so good to hear about another glorious day. We're continuing to pray with you for total restoration and total, perfect development in Jillian. Jen, we're praying for your body to line up quickly so you can be with your beautiful Jillian blessing. How wonderful you were able to see her yesterday. I know it will be a little more each day. We love you all bunches. James, please let us know how we can help in any way.
    Blessings to you all,
    Julie and the gang

    Ps 139:13-18

    13 For You formed my inward parts;
    You covered me in my mother's womb.
    14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    Marvelous are Your works,
    And that my soul knows very well.
    15 My frame was not hidden from You,
    When I was made in secret,
    And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
    16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
    And in Your book they all were written,
    The days fashioned for me,
    When as yet there were none of them.

    17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
    How great is the sum of them!
    18 If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;
    When I awake, I am still with You.
    NKJV

    ReplyDelete