Thursday, January 15, 2009

Jillian Update - Day 6 (Almost a week "old")

Day 6 Praise Reports - These are milestones which took place during Day 5.

1. Jillian was taken off of all breathing assistance yesterday (Beginning of Day 5) - Incredible!

2. She is being feed via IV, but is successfully digesting about 4 mL of Mommy's milk every 3 hours. She'll most likely increase intake of Mommy's milk at about a rate of 1 mL / 6 - 12 hours as she is able to tolerate more. Her digestive system is still developing, but doing very well.

3. She has a special PICC line in her arm which is her IV - all other lines have been removed from her body.

4. Her heart rate ranges from about 140 - 200 BPM which is great, there have been no heart complications to speak of. Her respiratory rate is about 45 breaths per minute. Her oxygen levels are almost constantly at 98-100%.

5. Her head ultra sound showed that there are no brain hemorages.

6. Physical therapists are encouraged and see no signs of developmental problems and will continue working with her throughout her stay and beyond to make sure she is doing well.

7. She sleeps peacefully throughout the day and simply gets fussy when she is being attended to. Once the nurses are done taking care of her she goes right back to sleep in her assisted fetal position. Kangaroo care and restful sleep will continue for months to come!

God is glorious! Thank you for your prayers.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks be to our Mighty Mighty King!
    Rejoicing with you all over every praise.
    So happy to hear Jennifer is feeling better.
    Love the pictures, they are so encouraging, even though they make me cry! :o)
    Blessing to you all.
    My Love
    Tammy

    But I trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me.

    ~ Psalm 13:5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise, Praise, Praise!!! We're rejoicing with you. Jillian looks wonderful! Jennifer, so glad to hear you are feeling better. We're praying for total restoration in your body, quickly!!
    blessings, The Zesch's

    Ps 28:6-7

    6 Blessed be the Lord,
    Because He has heard the voice of my supplications!
    7 The Lord is my strength and my shield;
    My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped;
    Therefore my heart greatly rejoices,
    And with my song I will praise Him.
    NKJV

    ReplyDelete