Monday, January 12, 2009

Mommy Visit #2 - Jillian's Says Hello!!!







Hello one and all! There is no lack of miracles here. Jesus keeps the floodgates of blessings open as each of your prayers are being answered. And now ... let the pictures flow. Jillian was awake and had her eyes open during our visit. Even Daddy hadn't seen Jillian with her eyes open this much. Apparently, Miss Jillian knew Mommy was coming and saved this special time just for her. Jillian is doing wonderfully - of course. We were warned that sometime young babies may take a downward turn, but your prayers have fended that trend off. I always ask the nursing staff how they would rate her recovery and we always get glowing reports about how amazing she's doing. She's spunky, tenacious, and a fighter. Jennifer is in quite a bit of pain as you are probably aware. She is fighting the after-effects of the magnesium. That is such a horrible substance, but was necessary to keep her safe. Focus prayer on recovery, relief from pain (she is not taking any pain meds), quick healing of the c-section surgery, strength to her body, and healing of bruises from the many IVs and blood draws. Jennifer may be released tomorrow, so I'll keep you posted there. I personally feel she's going to need about a week until she is able to begin travelling back and forth to the hospital to visit Jillian in the NICU. That is a huge prayer request. Miraculous recovery in Jesus' mighty name! I'm headed back into the NICU to see how Jillian is doing. Many of you have been emailing me personally, but I'm having some issues getting outbound emails out. I'll respond to your emails once I return, but I'm trying to focus on getting updates out via this blog. I know many of you are anxious to help and we are so thankful for that. If everyone is willing we would like to spread out the assistance over a period of time so we can have help throughout this process. I will try and sit down to determine the most effective way to get Jennifer the help she needs so everyone can have a part in helping. We truly are blessed with friends and family who care so much for us.

God bless!

James

3 comments:

  1. Look how wonderfully precious she is! Still praying for all of you.

    JoAnn---aka readingmama on GCM

    ReplyDelete
  2. {{Jennifer}}

    I tear up seeing your blessing - and you TOGETHER. I'm praying for quick healing and pain control. I'm excited to hear that you are doing well enough to consider going home...know that my mama heart is praying for you as you leave Jillian in the hospital....in a few short days you'll be strong enough to visit her whenever you want.

    James - put me on the list to help out when you figure out how that can best be done. I'm in the SACSHA directory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer
    I am so happy to see your photo with Jillian. I know it warms your heart to be near her.
    Angels are surrounding you and we are all praying for peace and healing for you both.
    Love,
    Nani

    ReplyDelete