Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Family Reunited for the First Time!

"Children, Daddy has something to tell you," I had just gotten off of the phone with Jillian's doctor who said it would be okay for the children to visit their sister for the first time in the hospital with Mommy. "You have to take showers and get fresh new clothes on before we leave." Out of the kitchen they flew to make preparations to see their baby sister for the first time.

They both took turns sitting on the bed with Mommy and then got to hold their sister for the first time. This has been such an exhausting trial, but God has been faithful to help us through this process. It won't be much longer now!

I can't let a day go by without expressing our sincere appreciation for the gifts and prayer that we have received from our friends and family. We even have whole churches in other states praying, which is very humbling. I pray that we too can support the body of Christ when we find someone in distress. There have been many tragic and trying events which have happened to families this year. My prayer is that our Father would comfort you and hold you in His arms if you are experiencing a difficult situation. We have been so blessed despite all that has gone on lately. I know that our final destination is an eternity with Jesus in heaven and it gives me more resolve to run a good race. We have been far from perfect during this trial, which is all the more reason that we are thankful that our Father is our advocate and strength.

God bless you all. Pictures of our departure are coming soon!

4 comments:

  1. Great photo - makes my day to see you together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRAISE THE LORD!! I am so EXCITED for your whole family!! I am so happy to hear Jillian is doing so well and can go HOME! God is so good!
    Sarah Wood

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad she's home! I was told it would be probably Monday. But, God created the calendar and formed her in her mother's womb. She is fearfully and wonderfully made. Praise God

    ReplyDelete